writing is a lonely biz

12:03 PM

The parenting and education pieces I write are not chosen randomly and are rarely assigned. I write what I know. I write often about things our family has personally experienced. I write from the heart and hope someone will be helped by it.

This article WHEN YOUR CHILD SAYS 'I'M DUMB' is a perfect example. For a good stretch of time our son struggled with school and self-image, and we learned how important it is to understand negative mindsets.

San Diego Family and many other parenting resources ran the piece, and it's gratifying to think that another parent may be uplifted or reassured by the content.

(But I have to be honest. Writing is often a lonely lonely venture. I write stuff I connect with, but I don't often get feedback from readers to learn whether it is impacting anybody else. So here's what I do: I cling to a positive mindset and trust that it is.)

p.s. SDFM's website looks fabulous! Editor Kirsten Flournoy is on her game!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Articles