chic is a state of mind.

2:08 PM

It is a pleasure to contribute to the lovely zine Chic Mom, the brainchild of editor Darcy Plunkett. When Darcy and I began corresponding a couple years ago, we immediately hit it off. She is one cool and chic mama who honors self-expression and diversity and even Twilight (right, Darcy?). I felt my pieces would be safe and treasured at Chic Mom and that we could grow together. One of my favorite moments was emailing over GOODNIGHT, MR. AMBIEN and then reading the editor's enthusiastic acceptance! (TRUTH: every groovy editor to whom I submitted wrote back with positive glowing reviews, but not everyone was brave enough to run it! Go, Chic Mom!) I'm thrilled to be a part of Chic Mom's family and look forward to submitting rich content in the future.

p.s. one of those aforementioned editors who shall remain nameless knew exactly what I was talking about with those VIRGIN MARY TOAST STENCILS in the Ambien piece. true! we're a weird bunch!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Articles