i write about math. a lot.

1:50 PM

Math is one of those really prickly issues with kids and adults alike. I rarely run into people who LOVE math. It's like they hate it, or they're sort of indifferent.

But I've devoted years to tutoring the subject and routinely write articles for magazines like Kansas City Parent which aim to help families. Here's an article to read if you're curious.

So just HOW does one (who is not a math teacher btw) become a cheerleader for integers??? I began tutoring math because (A) there was a real need in my community, and no one else would do it. (B) I have a heart for helping children who struggle, and (C) It takes a lot of creativity to bring fractions and functions to life, and I'm a creative soul okay with challenges.

Still. You've got to be a little nuts to try to make math sexy to tutoring students and magazine editors, right? Agreed.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Articles